Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Jas. Mowat, 1st Gordons...can you help?

jagjetta

post-331-1118717325.jpg

Greetings,

I need the help of my UK friends again! I have a photo of a prisoner of war wearing a Glengerry signed on the front, "Yours Sincerely, Jas. Mowat, 1st Gordons".

I have tried searching the Medal Cards through the National Archives, but can't seem to track him down. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thank you,

John A-G

Iola, Wisconsin USA

Try looking for James Mowat - there are several in the Gordons. 'Jas' is used as a contraction for James in this period.

Jock

post-331-1118717325.jpg

Greetings,

I need the help of my UK friends again! I have a photo of a prisoner of war wearing a Glengerry signed on the front, "Yours Sincerely, Jas. Mowat, 1st Gordons". 

I have tried searching the Medal Cards through the National Archives, but can't seem to track him down. Can anyone offer any advice?

Thank you,

John A-G

Iola, Wisconsin USA

Try looking for James Mowat - there are several in the Gordons.  'Jas' is used as a contraction for James in this period.

Jock

Good suggestion, Jock! I tried "James" and found no less than five James Mowats who served in the Gordon Highlanders! Well, I received more than I bargained for...now to narrow down the field and see which ones were made prisoners of war.

Many thanks!

John A-G