Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Arras 1917

towisuk

Can anyone help me with a map of some kind which indicates the position of the front around the Tilloy-les-Mofflaines area around the time of the battle of Arras in 1917. I stop at the Formula 1 hotel here when I visit the Somme and get the impression that the front line was close to the hotels location.

I also believe that the discovery of a grave in June 2001 with 24 British servicemen was just north of this location around the village of Athies

Has any conclusion been reached as to which battalion these were from?

Thanks

Tom

Tom

I think you are talking about men largely the 10 Bn Lincolnshire Regt -the Grimsby Chums. They were casualties from the attack on the Point de Jour.

Terry Reeves

Can anyone help me with a map of some kind which indicates the position of the front around the Tilloy-les-Mofflaines area  around the time of the battle of Arras in 1917. 

Tom...

Map image now removed. It can still be seen HERE

Edited by CROONAERT

...and a "who was where" in April 1917...

Dave.

post-357-1118693007.jpg

:) Many thanks to one and all for your invaluable help with my researches chums

Tom

• 5 months later...
Guest Helen South

I'm researching Capt D. Cutbush, KIA 10 April 1917 at Arras... he was with the 5thBattalion, Middlesex Regt attatched to the 5th.

these maps are a useful addition to my little collection of information. Thanks so much!

best

Helen

Can I point out a mistake on Dave's map, the map records the 8th K.S.L.I. but it was the 7th K.S.L.I.