Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Carnoustie Scotland War Memorial

nemesis

Stunning War Memorial in this famous golfing town.Figure on top has a Black Watch Badge on his hat but memorial is dedicated to all branches of the service in WW1 and Two.I have pictures of the name plaques , if you require some I can forward them to you

post-3477-1118603194.jpg

post-3477-1118603206.jpg

It's a stunning memorial.

Thanks for the pics.

It's a stunning memorial.

Thanks for the pics.

Thanks I will send him the pictures

regards

max

I think my friend Ian Edwards would be interested in this one for his website. http://vzone.virgin.net/ian.edwards2/

Malcolm,

Ian is to be congratulated - he has an excellent website.

Stunning War Memorial in this famous golfing town.Figure on top has a Black Watch Badge on his hat but memorial is dedicated to all branches of the service in WW1 and Two.I have pictures of the name plaques , if you require some I can forward them to you

Thanks Derek Keep up the good work on the site

regards

max

Impressive. By the way Malcolm: I am still working on the plan for the Scottish monument near Zonnebeke. Probably it will not have the same size as the one in this thread, but anyway...

Regards

Erwin

Hi,

Stunning memorial to say the least!

Can you confirm if there are any MacRae's on the name plaques of the memorial, as I am currently working on a Clan MacRae book and am trying to photograph any MacRae headstone's or memorials with their names on? If there I would be extremely grateful if I could have copies of the photo's.

Kind regards

Genevra Charsley

Hi,

Can you confirm if there are any MacRae's on the name plaques of the memorial, as I am currently working on a Clan MacRae book and am trying to photograph any MacRae headstone's or memorials with their names on?  If there I would be extremely grateful if I could have copies of the photo's.

Kind regards

Genevra Charsley

No Mac Raes on the Tablets

regards

max

Hi nemesis,

If I remember rightly there is a memorial to the macrae's WWI dead on a tablet set into the rocks at the entrance to Eilean Donan Castle? You probably already know about it but just thought I'd mention.

Hi nemesis,

If I remember rightly there is a memorial to the macrae's WWI dead on a tablet set into the rocks at the entrance to Eilean Donan Castle?  You probably already know about it but just thought I'd mention.

thanks will pass this info on

Hi,

Can you confirm if there are any MacRae's on the name plaques of the memorial, as I am currently working on a Clan MacRae book and am trying to photograph any MacRae headstone's or memorials with their names on?  If there I would be extremely grateful if I could have copies of the photo's.

Kind regards

Genevra Charsley

see the last entry on the article on carnoustie memorial it concerns MacRae information

Hi Jamie/Nemesis,

Yes, fortunately when I was given the book as a gift of the Clan MacRae, the following week we happened to be staying up in the area of Eilean Donon Castle and where their ancient burial ground is with the First World War Memorial to all the MacRae's.

Thanks for your thoughts though it's kind of you both!

Regards

Genevra