Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Italian Memorials

Terry Denham

I have just return from a trip to Venice where my wife forebade me from trying to find the seven WW1 British war graves. :(

However, I did manage to get pics of four Italian memorials from the Great War - some with names of the fallen. I reproduce them below for anyone interested.

I also managed to find in one art gallery the remains of a Tiepolo mural which was damaged when the Austrians bombed Venice in 1915!

post-19-1118230959.jpg

post-19-1118230983.jpg

post-19-1118231007.jpg

post-19-1118231123.jpg

did she catch you doing those pics?

sorry she wouldn't let you find the graves, you will have to again and go on your own or with other pals, then she proberbly would be sorry at not letting you di it the first time,

thanks for the pics,

hope you had a good time tho

mandy

Hello

Last year, whilst visiting Reims, we ventured to an Italian cemetery at Chavonne (East of Soissons). I wondered at the time whether or not many Italian visitors made the journey up here to visit and pay respects, or whether it was mainly visitors like us passing through from Vailly-s-Aisne or similar places.

I took a couple of pictures. The cemetery was very well kept. Is this by the Italian equivalent of the CWGC?

post-5174-1118353893.jpg

And within the cemetery

Regards

Chris

post-5174-1118354044.jpg