Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Verdun Trip

Guest Simon Bull

Guest Simon Bull

I am off to Verdun later this month. I am not exactly sure where we will be going as I am on a Flanders Tours organised tour, but if anyone wants photographs of any of the places commonly visited in Verdun let me know and I will do my best to assist.

Simon,

any selftaken photos about memorials/graves of recipients of the British Victoria Cross for my own website www.victoria-cross.com would be very grateful. I would really appreciate it. :)

Thanks and regards,

Hans Molier

hans@victoria-cross.com

Guest Simon Bull
Simon,

any selftaken photos about memorials/graves of recipients of the British Victoria Cross for my own website www.victoria-cross.com would be very grateful. I would really appreciate it.  :)

Thanks and regards,

Hans Molier

hans@victoria-cross.com

Fine Hans - can I ask whether you know of any such graves/memorials in the Verdun area, so that I know to look out for them?

To my knowledge there are only a handful of British graves in the Verdun, and none of them are VC graves.

Enjoy your trip Simon!

Paul's right, no British VC graves at Verdun or in the surrounding area. There is a Lancaster bomber crew in the Faubourg Pave cemetery and a couple of prisoners of war in an outlying cemetery but that's all I can think of.

Christina

The nearest to Verdun that I can think of is Lt. Buckby RFC/ Independent Air Force who is buried in a cemetery at Maizières les Metz.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Simon Bull
Simon,

any selftaken photos about memorials/graves of recipients of the British Victoria Cross for my own website www.victoria-cross.com would be very grateful. I would really appreciate it.  :)

Thanks and regards,

Hans Molier

hans@victoria-cross.com

Sorry Hans - I saw very few British/Commonwealth graves and none of them VC winners.

Regards

Simon

No problem Simon, and thank you very much. ;)

Hans