Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal Horse Artillery

Guest troy

Can anyone please advise how I can find out where 3rd Battalion was stationed between the years 1819 - 1829.

My g.g.g.grandfather John Bailey was with 3rd Battalion and several of his children were born during these years. I just don't know where, have conflicting information.

Three certs stating John was a Gunner or Gunner/Driver and that these children were BAPTISED at Woolwich but not where they were born.

Any help much appreciated.

Many thanks

Troy (aka Jan P)

Hello Steve

Thank you so much for your help. I'll give that site a go and come back on and let you know what the result is.

Best wishes

Jan

Update 8 June 18:15 - no replies yet I've just logged in to have a look. J

• 2 weeks later...

Jan

Hope the web site was ok as far as my Horse Gunners book ISBN 09520762-0-9 by W G Clarke records

Most of these batteries were stationed in India as either the Bengal Horse Artillery or the Madras Horse Artillery

in 1825 the 1st Brigade Bengal Horse Artillery

1st Troop (F) at Meerut

2nd Troop (143) India

3rd Troop (145) not shown

4th Troop (W) not shown

If you can get hold of the horse gunners book i think you will find all the information you need

Or you could write to the Artillery Museum at Woolwich SE18 4 DN or look on the Firepower web site

Steve p RHA

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Steve

Just an update to let you know I didn't have any response from that other site. But, to thank you for all the info you gave here about the Troops.

Much appeciated.

Jan