Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

FH Baker RFA 1831 / 825614

priv

Pals,

I have just obtained the Trio to this man and need an SDGW check for the following reason. CWGC has Baker FH 825614 (his TF re-number) as having died on 19/12/18 and being buried in Essex with a wife living in Chelmsford. His TF number indicates service with the 1st South Midland Brigade - hailing from Gloiucester/Clifton.

I have his MIC which confirms the 2 numbers but also states that he was Discharged some 20 days after he died ? Obviously an error there, but could anyone let me know what the SDGW entry says ???

Many thanks in advance.

James

• 3 weeks later...

Terry,

Many thanks for checking - I since gather that SDGW does not always include those who died after 11/11/18.

I will have to see what the research throw up - I was more intigued by the fact that he was a pre war terrier from Clifton/Bristol - but had a wife, lived and died in Essex.

Thanks again

James

I will have to see what the research throw up - I was more intigued by the fact that he was a pre war terrier from Clifton/Bristol - but had a wife, lived and died in Essex.

Was he possibly transferred to the 1st South Midland Brigade during the war, after first serving with a more local unit?

Is he definately a pre-war territorial (bearing in mind that, depending on the unit ,the low number can be misleading)?

Dave.