MM

Pte Stephen F Coonan Cheshire Reg.

British war

Victory

SWB

They were posted to my mothers old address 50+/- yrs ago

Any help would be appreciated.

Joe

keep your eyes peeled at the old address with the post office what it is it might still turn up!

mandy

Waiting 50 years???? They must have been sent by Recorded Delivery... they usually take a while :P

Have you tried contacting the lost & found section or the "never been delivered and no return address" sections?..... you never know.

Les.

I seem to of made myself unclear. My Grand-mother had given my Grandfather and her unmarried brother's medals to her sister. Her sister had posted them back to my grandmothers home without realising they had moved house 4 days earlier. This was in the 50's my grandfather having died 20 yrs earlier.

In the 70's my mother went back to the house for a look not for the medals. The woman who was well into her 80's told her about the medals. She went to look for them and came back saying she couldn't find them but would post them on.

No medals were ever recieved.

After 30 years or so, it sounds like they may have ended up either in the bin (probably by accident) or now live with a collector.

There's probably not much hope that they'd still be in the house given the time that's passed. I think the only thing to do is be vigilant and keep an eye on the auctions and dealer sites.

Les.