Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Monthly Great War Art thread

Soren

Glyn, your pic surely has a eerie atmosphere in it. That`s very good for a first try. Keep it up :D

Thanks for that

You have hit your usual high standard - Absolutely excellent mate

Glyn

Well done Guys, this is more like it! Glyn, blunt and to the point, a bit of a George Grosz thing going on there.

and yes I'm with Marina a good sense of movement there Lansturm! When are you going into the army? there should be some good studies coming from that experience, keep us posted!

Here is my effort for this month, a bit of a rushed thing in the end I am afraid :(

Nevermind, there's always next month, or the one after that, or the one after that...etc...etc... :D

post-2434-1119820859.jpg

This is going to be dfficult to vote on:

One that chilled me

The aerial view that made them look asleep

The first effort with its shocking simplicity

The all action and the soldier tense with concentration.

EEK!

Marina

Are there any more to come?

Just for clarity as I've posted two images, the first one is my entry for this months theme, Tim, don't forget that you are choosing next months theme!

post-4474-1119822007.jpg

I missed Tim's there - chaos and fear...and those frightening dull colours in the background.

Getting even more difficult...

Marina

Just for clarity as I've posted two images, the first one is my entry for this months theme, Tim, don't forget that you are choosing next months theme!

Isn't the second one to be counted too? I liked that soldier with the revolver pointing at the German.

Hmmm... Tim, if you're reading this, I had half a notion to see some night studies ...if you're considering themes...

Marina

Tim, if you're reading this, I had half a notion to see some night studies ...if you're considering themes...

Marina

Marina,

out of interest, why are you so interested in the theme of 'night'? :)

Isn't the second one to be counted too? I liked that soldier with the revolver pointing at the German.

sorry, they are meant to be the same drawing, unfortunately I com[leted it in my sketchbook hence the big 'ole line down the middle.... the 2nd drawing was done b'coz I was waiting for the other guys.

Tim, if you're reading this, I had half a notion to see some night studies ...if you're considering themes...

Marina

Marina,

out of interest, why are you so interested in the theme of 'night'? :)

Soren - I read the thread about Bruce Bairnsfather's cartoons and was much struck by the night scenes in them - but of course these are comic. All the same, I found them quite shivery somehow and fancied seing a dramatic rather than a comical representation. The pity is, I can't draw for toffee - I rely on you artists!

Marina

Excellent work everyone! Sorry Soren (sorrysoren? :blink:) for making you wait for almost the last minute with this :D

When are you going into the army?

July 11th...

Don't worry Soren, my brain is ticking away, trying to find an interesting topic. There have been a couple of suggestions made so may be I will try and incorporate them too.

I will put it in the art thread on Friday.

Well done everyone, some really great pieces thus far. I look forward to seeing any others that are posted too.

All the best,

Tim

well done everyone, I liked them all. I am not entering one this time, seeing as it takes me about 6 six years to finish one :lol: . I'll just have to wait for right subject to come up B)

Landsturm-Good luck in the Army. You may run into my lads at some point-if Britain ever does exercises with your Country.

Annette