Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Richard David Jones RFA

private78245

Can anyone give me any info at all on this man 9529 Pte.Richard David Jones. RFA. Any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards Dave.

Can anyone give me any info at all on this man 9529 Pte.Richard David Jones. RFA. Any help would be much appreciated

Kind regards  Dave.

Dave,

There is are two mentions of that name in SDGW:

[1] Richard David Jones

Pte

8 Bn. KOYLI

Born Porth

Enlisted Porth

KIA 01/07/1916 F/F

[2] Pte

MGC

Born Mardy, Glam.

Enlisted Ferndale, Glam,

Residence Mardy, Glam.

KIA 21/03/1918 F/F

Formerly 61571 Welsh Regt.

Arthur

Thanks for that Arthur, but they're not the man i want. Richard David Jones (my grandfather) survived the conflict and told many a story!

Regards Dave.

Hi Dave,

I have just completed researching the story of my Great Grandfather who served for two years in the RFA. He also survived the war. I found the best way to do this was to establish the RFA Brigade he served in. Its then relatively easy to trace that units history. I was lucky, we found his paybook which had his designated Brigade stated on the paybook. Best source for this info would be the service record if it survives at National archives. Or perhaps as already mentioned his service number may give some clues. You could post the MIC on here and see if any of the experts could give any further info.

Cheers Aaron.

Hi Dave,

I have just completed researching the story of my Great Grandfather who served for two years in the RFA. He also survived the war. I found the best way to do this was to establish the RFA Brigade he served in. Its then relatively easy to trace that units history. I was lucky, we found his paybook which had his designated Brigade stated on the paybook.  Best source for this info would be the service record if it survives at National archives. Or perhaps  as already mentioned his service number may give some clues.  You could post the MIC on here and see if any of the experts could give any further info. 

Cheers Aaron.

thanks Aaron,

44th Bde is on the mic. it seems he's down for 14star,wm,vm. also the silver war badge.am i right in thinking he was discharged injured? This is the part i can't understand on the mic,it has Disch.load of stuff that i dont understand,then 4.9.53 . I've tried to put the mic on here,but without any success as yet.

Regards Dave.

Dave,

If he was with 44th Bde then here is some info from the Long Long Trail connected to this site.

44th Brigade was attached to 2nd Division until May 1916 when broken up. Reformed in England as a standard Brigade, and moved to Egypt May 1917, joining 74th Division 3 July 1917

Not to sure re he was discharged injured, another pal on the site should be able to answer that one for you.

Keep trying to post the Mic, Im unsure as to how yo do this.

Good luck with your research. regards Aaron.

Dave,

If he was with 44th Bde then here is some info from the Long Long Trail connected to this site.

44th Brigade was attached to 2nd Division until May 1916 when broken up. Reformed in England as a standard Brigade, and moved to Egypt May 1917, joining 74th Division 3 July 1917

Not to sure re he was discharged injured, another pal on the site should be able to answer that one for you.

Keep trying to post the Mic, Im unsure as to how yo do this.

Good luck with your research.  regards Aaron.

thanks Aaron,

I'll do that

Regards Dave.