Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

1/1st berkshire yeomanry

bernardmcilwaine

has anyone got a nominal roll for this unit to help in some research,many thanks

has anyone got a nominal roll for this unit to help in some research,many thanks

Try typing in just "Berkshire Yeomanry" in the NA Mic Site ~Print out{you may need a Forest!}"Instant Nominal Roll" of anyone who is recorded as serving with them during WW1, either initially or as another Regiment's draftee etc; ;)

thanks harry,bernard

No help here at all, but there is a wonderful memorial to an officer (whose name escapes me) and the men of the regiment, up on the Downs near Lambourn.

thanks steve

If you want a piccie send me a PM; I go near there quite often on the way home from work (so I'm normally in a good mood when I see it!)

Bernard

You maybe interested to know that the Regimental Museum at Salisbury (RGBW) which includes the Royal Berkshire Regt have carried out a lot of work to place a series of books called 'Berkshire and the War' on CDs which are searchable . The main reason for carrying out this exercise as to capture all the R/Berks Soldiers. It was origionaly a Reading standard publication that came out monthly. It consists in the main of portrait photos. My reason for telling you this is it contains quite a lot of Berks Yeomanry material in it, which maybe of interest to you. You can get details from the Museum Website shop on www.thewardrobe.org.uk or Telephone 01722 419419. The Name on the memorial on the Wantage downs is WROUGHTON

Cheers

MAC