Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Royal garrison Artillery

gem22

I'm trying to find out which battery this man served with. Other than number, rank and name, all I have is date of death and place of burial. Is it possible to trace him from anything other than his MIC?

Garth

My Grandfather's MIC showed that he was in 4 siege battery RGA. This much information is the exception rather than the rule, but you might be lucky.

Nigel

The medal rolls at the NA might give the battery. You will need the reference number from the MIC to find the right roll to look up.

Also his service record might exist at the NA.

Leigh

Like Nigel, my great-grandfathers MIC showed that he was in 174th Siege RGA, so I would recommend getting hold of it. If he died during the war, you could also search on the CWGC website to get hold of his battery as it usually tells you this information. Graham.

Soldiers Died in the Great War also is a possiblity of course. There is a Topic in the reference Books folderof the Forum, if you want a check.

Steve.

Thanks for the suggestions but CWGC don't list his battery, SDGw don't list him at all.

I guess it's his MIC and hope it mentions his medal Roll

Cheers

Garth

Garth

Could he have joined a locally raised battery, number could well suggest this, and died before he went overseas?.

Found MIC Number 277142 may help.

Charles