Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

THE GREAT WAR

Guest TRACEY123

Guest TRACEY123

Hi,

I am looking for books that deal mainly whith the battles that the 5th bn yorkshire regiment and later they were part of the 150th brigade, 50th division. Just wondere if anyone knows of a war diary that i may be able to get or a decent book that would help me understand what these men went through.

Thank You

Tracey :P

Tracey

5 Bn Yorkshire Regiment were part of the York and Durham Infantry Brigade which became 150 Brigade in May 1915.

If you want to know about the battles they went through I would suggest that you go to the website 'The Long Long Trail' and go to 50 Division and see what battles they fought in. This will give you an overview of what they went through.

As for books 'The Fiftieth Division' by Everard Wyrall is an excellent book and 5 Bn is mentioned a lot.

There is also a book about the history of the Green Howards but I don't know how good it is.

You could ring up the Green Howards Museum in Richmond and they should be able to recommend any books. They may also have a copy of the war diary. Their telephone number is 01748 822133.

Best of luck.

SEAN

Thanks Sean, I will see if my local bookstore carries the book or if they could order it for me.

Tracey

Dont forget your local library will always order out of print books for either viewing in house or loaning,very helpful with regards to WW1 Contemporary Histories,etc,they usually charge a small ordering fee{mine asks for a £1.00}