Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Family Photograph Reunited

vickersms

I have been researching my Great War family history for 25 years, but I only found this forum in April when I dusted off my research in preparation for a trip to France.

A casual search found a double memorial card to the DLI posted by Chris Jordan. This included a photograph of my Great Grandfather Edward Brown - particularly exciting as the family had no photographs of him.

Chris has very very kindly parted with this item and I would like to publicly thank him for that.

post-6868-1116655685.jpg

Congrats, you must be very chuffed, and thanks to Chris for helping you and your family out.

Great news.

And no surprise to any of us who have had the pleasure to meet Chris either in cyberspace or in person. He is, without doubt, one of the Forum's genuine Pals.

John

Mark:

It was my pleasure to have helped you out. I know that any number of Forum members would have happily done the same.

Broz & John:

Thanks for the kind words. I am glad to have been in a position to furnish the image to Mark and his family. It is a great feeling knowing that it is in hands that will cherish it now and in the future.

Chris

Chris very kindly copied a photo of Welsh Regiment officers at his own expense and mailed (e-mail and snail mail) it to me from the U S of A! A real gent.

Bernard

I also received a copy of the Welsh regiment officers. A very kind gesture which is truly appreciated.

Thanks again Chris

Jonathan

What a lovely story! Something like this seems in some ways the reverse of medals. letters, memorabilia etc relating to particular soldiers being sold on ebay. Ebay has its uses, of course, but it's so nice to read a story like this where money doesn't seem to be the driving force. Restores my faith in humanity!

Swizz