Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Distances

jdajd

I am trying to plan a trip to the Somme for next summer to coincide with the 90th Anniv. I would also like to visit the area where the American 27th Div. attacked on Sept. 29 1918. On maps the two areas look pretty close and I assume I could stay in Perrone as it is centrally located. However, I am finding it hard to find places there and was thinking of staying in Albert. How far is it from Albert to Bony/Bellicourt? Is it drivable in a few hours? Less? And, if ti is drivable does it leave enough time to actually sight see? Thanks for any info

Jon

Jon - you can easily get to Bony and Bellicourt from Albert. The best route is to head over to Peronne and take the Nurlu road. Turn off in Fins for Epehy, and go through Epehy following signs for Bellicourt. You can either turn off past Epehy for the US Cemetery or go straight into Bellicourt and do a big 'loop'. Albert to Epehy should be under an hour. Hope that helps.

The fastest route from Albert to Bony is 32 miles, 51 Kms and will take around 46 minutes according to my Route planner. The route is as above.

Aye

Malcolm