Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Hotel Les Colombes Verdun

Morval Ross

Hi Pals,

Just finalising our battlefield trip details and am nbooking four nights in Verdun. Has anyone stayed in the Hotel Les Colombes on avenue Garibaldi. I think that it belongs to the same people asthe Hotel Saint Paul, but this appears to be closed on thier website. There rates are very resonable only 35 Euros a night, but I am hoping that this is not a reflection on the qaulity, or if it is noisy. My dad is coming and is 74 and needs his sleep you understand.

Anyway hope that some of you can advise.

Regards

Ross.

I would be pleased to know same people as St Paul run it cause I have had several good experiences there, basic, quite friendly, very good food.

I stayed there in 1996. It was a old hotel; small stairs, old furniture in the rooms, old showers. But that time the owners were very old people. I heard that the there is a new management.

About the noise : try to get a room at the back of the hotel : in verdun there are army barracks, and I was sleeping on the first floor at the roadside. So I heard soldiers singing and talking loudly on their way back to their barracks.

pascal

I don't know if it's run by the same people as run the St. Paul but both the Colombes and the St. Paul were open on sunday last. It should be reasonably quiet but it is on the street that leads up to the station. Oddly enough, traffic in the centre of Verdun seems to go on quite late. If you're at the back, though, you'll be fine. I've not stayed there but am told that it has been redecorated, as has the St. Paul.

Paul, the present owners of the St. Paul have only had the hotel for just over a year, so they're not the people you remember.

Christina

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Paul, Christina and Pascal,

I have booked the St Paul for four nights 7th to 11th October. cant wait. Many thanks for your advice, it is greatly appreciated. Perhaps We will bump into Christina.

Thanks again,

Regards

to all

Ross.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Paul, I only just saw your message. I haven't checked the forum for a while.

The St. Paul restaurant is closed. The hotel now only serves breakfast.

Christina