Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Chemin des Dames Ebay Photo

David_Blanchard

Hello,

A photograph/postcard of the Chemin des Dames has just sold on ebay for £146.

( see transaction ebay item 6177247294 )

Regards

David

David,

That may seem a lot but what a cracking photo! Not only is it a close-up of the actual front line area showing all the devastation of war, with un-posed soldiers moving around the scene, it is also of the German side of the wire!

If this would have been an area that I was particularly interested in then I could conceive of paying three figures.

Steve

David,

That may seem a lot but what a cracking photo! Not only is it a close-up of the actual front line area showing all the devastation of war, with un-posed soldiers moving around the scene, it is also of the German side of the wire!

If this would have been an area that I was particularly interested in then I could conceive of paying three figures.

Steve

Perhaps so. But think of how many real photos one could buy with that sort of cash if one was satisified with a copy of the original photo.

I could never spend that much on 1 photo even if I had it to spend.

Robbie :blink:

I could never spend that much on 1 photo even if I had it to spend.

Robbie    :blink:

Robbie,

In reality you are probably right. Note I only said I could conceive of paying three figures. If my wife ever got wind of me paying that for a postcard or even a photo I would be singing several octaves higher for the rest of my life (but just as badly!

Steve