Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

i cant find war death

methven 2nd bat middlesex

hi i am trying to find the death of sidney francis harrison born 1888 his last address was norfolk when he went to war . i know his wife remarried in 1921 and he fathered a child in 1917 can any one give me any ideas on how to find any thing about sidney i have searched cwgc and overseas death but i do not know what regiment he was in can any one give me some ideas on how to find out any other information about him thankyou very much for your time tracy

hi,

look on the mother site unger grandads war that will show you how to go about it,

once you have that info some of the guys (and gals) may be able to help you further. Some have the battalion diaries and others are just a mind field of info,

happy hunting,

Mandy

hi mandy yes i have read this but i am still no nearer to finding him there is a possible sidney harrison that died in 1918 i have found him on cwgc but there is no next of kin and no age so who knows i will keep looking thanyou for your help tracy

46553, Sidney Harrison, 15th DLI was born in Cranwaithe, Norfolk, enlisted at Cromer. He died of wounds 26 Oct 1918.

46553, Sidney Harrison, 15th DLI was born in Cranwaithe, Norfolk, enlisted at Cromer. He died of wounds 26 Oct 1918.

mandy,i think jim davis has got your man,s f harrison,buried in delsaux farm cemetary,beugny,ii.e.19,age 25

HI there many thanks for finding sidney can some one tell me what his age was if 29/30 he is my man ALSO WILL IT HAS HIS LAST ADDRESS OR NEXT OF KIN many thanks again for your help tracy

HI there many thanks for finding sidney can some one tell me what his age was if 29/30 he is my man ALSO WILL IT HAS HIS LAST ADDRESS OR NEXT OF KIN many thanks again for your help tracy

tracy,get hold of kroonaert,hes a professional researcher and i believe hes very reasonable and gives excellent service,he will find him for you,bernard,hes on the forum

HI BERNARD THANKYOU I WILL TRY AND GET HOLD OF HIM MANY THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP TRACY