Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Toine Wood

qma

Hi,

Trying to find a place called Toine Wood in connection with "The Green Line" and "The Quarries". Trench map coordinates(?) are given: F.24.a, F.29.a.99 and F.29.a.2.4. This info is from 6DG war diaries May 1917.

Thanks in advance,

Q

I would say its near Hargicourt by the date - and the mention of Quarries. I don't have a map to hand to check; I will post one if no-one beats me to it.

Realised I had my IGN map CD to hand. Below is a modern map of the area; Toine Wood (now 'Bosquet Toine') is just north of Hargicourt. Hope that helps?

post-6-1115937334.jpg

Paul,

Thanks very much for that. A place called Roisel is mentioned which is just down the road scanning my MS Autoroute, so it must be it then.

Cheers,

Q

Realised I had my IGN map CD to hand.

Hi Paul,

To hijack the thread slightly, I didn't realise you could get the IGN maps on CD. Can you please point me in the direction of where I could pick one up (and the specific name/number of the relevent CD)?

Thanks in advance.

Mat

Matt, you can buy them at:

http://www.ign.fr/

The ones I have are Pas de Calais (62) Partie Est and Somme (80) Partie Est, which cover most of the front from Armentieres to the Somme. Other CDs cover other areas.