Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

HM Trawlers of the Auxiliary Patrol

corbs28

I am looking for information about HM Trawler Tourmaline of the Auxiliary Patrol.

I have recently acquired the Distinguished Service Medal of Engineman W. Harris and the DSM was awarded whilst serving onboard the Tourmaline and on the Auxiliary Patrol of 1916.

I have found his mention in Feyvers DSM 1914-1920 and have recently purchased the book "The Auxiliary Patrol" by E. Keble Chatterton, but, sadly there was no reference to this Trawler

Any guidance, hints etc. gratefully accepted

Thanks

HMT TOURMALINE, 289 tons, launched 1905. Port ID was H850 which is Hull, Admiralty No 1231, armed with 1 x 6 pounder gun used as a Minesweeper. Requisitioned 1915 and returned 1919.

Aye

Malcolm

HMT TOURMALINE, 289 tons, launched 1905. Port ID was H850 which is Hull, Admiralty No 1231, armed with 1 x 6 pounder gun used as a Minesweeper. Requisitioned 1915 and returned 1919.

Aye

Malcolm

hi, can you please tell me where you found this information?

It is much appreicated, thats a lot more than I had.

Regards

Dittmar & Colledge British Warships 1914-1919.

SBN 7110 0380 7 10360 DM 972

but I think it is out of print.

Aye

Malcolm

I am looking for information about HM Trawler Tourmaline of the Auxiliary Patrol.

I have recently acquired the Distinguished Service Medal of Engineman W. Harris and the DSM was awarded whilst serving onboard the Tourmaline and on the Auxiliary Patrol of 1916.

I have found his mention in Feyvers DSM 1914-1920 and have recently purchased the book "The Auxiliary Patrol" by E. Keble Chatterton, but, sadly there was no reference to this Trawler

Any guidance, hints etc. gratefully accepted

Thanks

Hi

You may get a Photo from "Memory Lane 519 Hessle Rd Hull HU3 4UD" pre war or as as an Auxilliary usually an armed sweeper.

I dont know if they have a web site But silly not to.

Regards Charles

Hi

You may get a Photo from "Memory Lane 519 Hessle Rd Hull HU3 4UD" pre war or as as an Auxilliary usually an armed sweeper.

I dont know if they have a web site But silly not to.

Regards Charles

many thanks