Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Cardigan Sweater & Underwear & Socks

Gijoe

Hello has someone a pic or discription of a british WWI Cardigan sweater ?

Which Typ underwear used the Army ? The Soldiers carried a vest ( sleevless Undershirt) under the Grayback shirt ? Which Typ socks used the Army ?

This is my Dad (he's in the middle) and mates during WW1, hope it helps.

post-29534-1202162456.jpg

• 6 years later...

Lads,

Like many of us Brit Great War reenactors, I have quested after the rather illusive accurate Brit Cardigan/Jumper to no avail. I had the thought that if you can't find one - just make one. I have spent hundreds of hours of research over three years, and three trips to the UK, and bought just shy of $10,000.00 worth of equipment, all in the effort of having the capability of reproducing the Cardigan (Jumper) of our dreams. I now have the capabilities to "mass produce" these. Currently, to the best of my knowledge, I am the only source for anything close to an accurate reproduction of this garment. I have cranked out quite a few of these so far and I am ready to receive additional orders. All I need is for you to send me your size as per the chard below and send the funds via Paypal.

The highlights are as follows:
The original jumper is in the Imperial War Museum in the UK.
100% wool as is the original.
Machine knitted on a similar type of machine as the original was.
I was able to exactly reproduce the same knitting stitch and the same stitches per inch and the same rows per inch as the original.
Properly interfaced with 100% linen.
100% wool tape that is hand dyed to match for the binding.
Correct buttons stitched in the same pattern of stitches as the original.

I will be offering this for the price of only $189.00.

Photos are in my member gallery located here http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&album=788.

These are generally a pretty easy fit to be historically accurate. From my research they came in roughly 4 sizes. I have recreated the 4 historical sizes, albeit sized up for the modern gent and added a 5th to be more accommodating to the modern "Big Bear" sized. I also can do them in short, reg and long lengths as some of the lads wanted to be able to wear them in everyday life. I know of lads wearing them to the office.

Size #1 = 38-40 US Coat Size, which is roughly your chest measurement
Size #2 = 42-44
Size #3 = 46-48
Size #4 = 50-52
Size #5 = 54-56

The length is sized by your height
Short = 5'10" and under
Regular = 5'10"- 6'2"
Long = 6'2" and taller

To order please send me a paypal payment of 189.00 to kit@kitcusick.com
We will settle up for the shipping when the time comes.
You must indicate both what size and what length you need! Example "#3 Regular"

For more information, please do not hesitate to ask any questions. I am able to offer client testimonies upon request.

For King and Country,
CQMS Cusick, 27213

kit@kitcusick.com

• 1 year later...