Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help find this MIC

Graham Hodgson

I believe soldiers 'shot at dawn' forfeited their medals but would they still have a MIC?

I looked for Joseph Bateman who was SAD in December 1917 as Pte. 200945 2nd South Staffs. Regiment but could not find him. I have recently discovered an earlier Territorial number for when he served with the 2/5th South Staffs. (9996) but have not managed to get back on the site to check this out.

Is any one able to help?

Graham

Graham..............SAD cases do have MIC's as I've looked at others............did a quick check but couldn't find Joseph Bateman's with that service number or the Territorial number................there is however a Joseph Bateman, South Staffs Regt with a different number.......the MIC index entry is here

Thanks for looking Will

I found this MIC myself and will probably have to cough up the money to see if it is Joseph although I don't know where this number comes from. Wouldn't it be great if things went smoothly.

Thanks again

Graham

PS I could not get on the MIC site tonight but did read that some others were having trouble. If only things went smoothly - but then there would not be such a sense of achievement when we finally cracked things.