Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ypes map

Guest edwinwrg4751

can any one tell where i can find detailed trench and gun maps for 330bde winter 1917

If you look at the "Zonnebeke" snippet of the web site listed above, I believe this shows the area that 330 Bde occupied in October of 1917. From your other thread it seems that until October 27, "B" Bty was at D.27.a.65.35 , which, if correct, would have been a couple of hundred yards south of the railway and about 600 - 800 yards south west of Zonnebeke station. At that time I believe the front line was roughly a mile east of the Bty position ( I could be wrong!).

The relieving unit reported that the relief on the 27th took place under fire. The relief was of personnel only; the guns were handed over. "B" Bty handed over 4 x 18 pdrs.

I hope this is of some use.

If you look at the "Zonnebeke" snippet of the web site listed above, I believe this shows the area that 330 Bde occupied in October of 1917.

I don't know if they were in the same area without looking them up, but this is the front area, as mentioned above, at the end of Dec. 1917....

Dave.

post-357-1115236095.jpg