Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tyne Cot

Marco

Terry,

I have been told that Tyne Cot contains a burial (ash?) from 1988 of an ex-soldier with memorial or gravemarker. Do you know about this? I thought that apart from a few dedicated ones the CWGC WW1 cemeteries are closed. Furthermore I can not imagine a CWGC cemetery being used for the mentioned.

TIA!

Regards,

Marco

Marco,

I take it your source is Yvonne, of the Dutch Grote Oorlog Forum ? When she mentioned 1988 I too was sceptical, assuming that she meant a civilian burial of CWGC staff, like on Ypres Town Cemetery Extension. But now I see that she was talking of Tyne Cot Cemetery. And though not sure anymore if it was 1988, it was "een hoog jaartal". And as soon as her foot is better, she will come over from the Netherlands, and take a photo.

Wait and see.

Of course we both could have a look at the Cemetery Reports on CWGC on line. Will you take the first half, I will take the second half. Each approx. 6000. :)

Aurel

Hello Aurel,

Since you are retired and I'm at work I suggest a 11900:100 split. With me taking the 100! :D

I can not imagine what was described. But is was backed up by 'a guide' (for what that title is worth) so perhaps we will get the shock of our lives?

Terry, where arth thouw?!?

Regards,

Marco