Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Frederick Vernon & Wiseman William Henry

Blueblood

Does anyone have any info on the following Liverpool Scottish soldiers?

2/10th (Scottish) Bn King's Liverpool Regiment

Pte. 358873 Frederick Vernon K.I.A. 12/08/17

Pte. 359131 William Henry Wiseman K.I.A. 30/06/17

I have used the CWGC Website

Soldiers died

Liverpool Scottish Museum

King's Regiment Database

MIC

Have visited the P.R.O.

Looked for mentions in the Liverpool Echo

Searched for their names on the internet

And 1901 census details show that there are too many people with the same name and young enough age for enlisting in WW1 to be of any real help.

I have only come up with the basics on them i.e. Born,Enlisted and Resided

Both Born in Liverpool, Resided in Liverpool but Wiseman Enlisted in Seaforth near Liverpool instead of Liverpool

I am therefore am lost to be able to add to these chaps biographies before I may have to use them early next month.

Any help in adding to their basics i.e. age, where they lived, mother and fathers names etc etc would be very welcome.

As for using a costly researcher (I've already researched what they would have researched)

Thanks for any help :rolleyes:

Blueblood (Phil)

Hi Phil, :)

On the 1901 Census there are only 3 Frederick Vernons, born in Liverpool.

Also there are 2 William Wisemans.

Cheers

Tim.

Tim,

Thanks for the info I need to choose between them though. Does anyone know whether it's worth going backwards i.e. getting the death certificate and working the info backwards to find family members etc etc.

Thanks for the info again though.

Blueblood (Phil).

I know the frustration with this type of thing !!

I'm thinking that particularly with William Henry Wiseman, does the Census record middle names ? As he must be the only William Henry Wiseman born in Liverpool !!

I'll think a bit more about Frederick Vernon !!

Cheers

Tim.

Tim,

I thought you were going to say he is the only wise man in Liverpool and I was about to become an irate scouser but I see that you mean his name :)

Unfortunately no luck with seperating the two William Wiseman's with any sort of combination of the name. He is bound to be one of the Liverpool William Wiseman's though. So near but no cigar I'm afaid.

Thanks for the help

Phil

Tim,

I thought you were going to say he is the only wise man in Liverpool and I was about to become an irate scouser but I see that you mean his name :)

Now ! Now ! never even crossed my mind !! :D

Just a thought, where in Liverpool were the Liverpool Scottish raised ?

Cheers

Tim.

Phil

FreeBMD gives a William Henry Wiseman, born West Derby (the Everton area of Liverpool) in the September quarter 1891. A fair bet, I reckon.

John

John's William Wiseman would be the son of Annie Wiseman, 40, a widow, and brother of David Wiseman, age 3, living at 152 Boundary Street, St James the Less, Liverpool in 1901.

Steve.

Thank you all.

I think I will go with John's answer. :)

If anyone could check to see if William Wiseman is in the Jewry book of Honour I'll add an extra smiley on my reply.

I knew someone could help. I will add this info to the biographies I am collecting for a Liverpool Scottish trip to France next month so thank you for your help from myself and the Liverpool Scottish.

Now for Frederick Vernon!!!!

Yours Aye

Blueblood (Phil)