Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Where to get the code at weekends

kerry

Am in Ypres Fri 5th until Tue 10th and would like to acces the Bayernwald - where can I get the code on a Saturday? Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks

Kerry

if you want to play it safe... go ask for it at The Zonnebeke museum.

Kristof,

To my knowledge the tourist office of Zonnebeke is only allowed to pass on the code to guides coming with a group but not to individual visitors... However I am not a 100% sure whether that rule has been changed recently?

Charlotte

Zonnebeke? isn't that up near Pascendaal? Imeant the Bayernwald that was Croonaert Wood (Bois Quarante) near Whitesheet - or am I getting confused?

Kerry

You have to go to the Kemmel tourist office and pay 1.5 euros per person before you can get the code. This was started as of early this year. Their contact details at:

http://battlefields1418.50megs.com/croonart_wood.htm

Kristof will be able to answer whether you can do the same at Zonnebeke?

If you see my post above, you will see we are talking about the same place; the Zonnebeke connection is that many of the sites around Ypres work together. Last year you could get the code from them as well; I don't think that is possible now as you have to pay the Kemmel tourist office an entrance fee and get a ticket before you visit the site. They give you the code, which changes each day.

Weren't the Brits once famous codebreakers? Ask the Bletchley Park guys for all 2005 weekend codes! :ph34r:

If you see my post above, you will see we are talking about the same place; the Zonnebeke connection is that many of the sites around Ypres work together. Last year you could get the code from them as well; I don't think that is possible now as you have to pay the Kemmel tourist office an entrance fee and get a ticket before you visit the site. They give you the code, which changes each day.

They made a new agreement on that paul.

you can pay at zonnbeke too.

Thanks for making that clear Kristof; makes it a bit easier for all those in the area, in my opinion.