Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

PRIVATE J HARRIS, ASC

Paul Johnson

Just purchased a 1914/15 Star to SS/23112 PTE J HARRIS, ASC but I cannot find him on the MIC's. Oddly enough, there is a J HARRIS on the CWGC website but his number is shown as SS/13323 but he also cannot be found on the MIC's. I have checked SDCD and he is shown as SS/13523 but, again, does not appear on the MIC'S.

Any chance this may be a real anomaly and is in fact the the same man but with a complete foul up on the numbering of either the medal, the CWGC data or SDCD?

Can anyone suggest anything else??

Regards

PAUL JOHNSON :ph34r:

Hi Paul

There is a Pte John Harris who has a number of SS2311, perhaps this is your man's mic and his number has not been fully noted. He also served as 30424 Labour Coy

Steve

There is also a Pte Jones W Harris with the service number SS22112 who later served as Cpl 29932 Labour Coy

Steve

I got the same result as Steve.

If you were doing an online search, treat the results with care. I know from experience that not all the Ox & Bucks MICs come up on search and I seem to remember a thread a few weeks ago in a similar vein. The only way to be sure is to spend £3.50 on a download or make a visit to Kew and check the medal rolls.

regards

Lesley

Steve/Brian,

Thank you for your feedback.

Looks like the best way to resolve this is to do a visit to the NA. That way I can be sure for certain.

Thanks Again

PAUL J :ph34r: