Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

MGC Ephemera

Guest Hussar

Just spotted on ebay

Item number: 2181177346

A JUNE 1917 dated letter from A firm of solicitors CHALINORS + SHAW " our client mr John West ( LEEK ,STAFFS U.K ) who is the largest ironmonger and machine dealer in the district has asked if it is possible for his son PTE WEST NO. 91003 HUT 2. 2ND BATT. MACHINE GUN CORPS CLIPSTONE CAMP NOTTINGHAMSHIRE ......to have 3 months leave for the harvest this year as he is of immence value "!!!!!!!. the letter has several lines crossed out /re wrote in a more polite manner, this was perhaps the original draft that was amended. An original and unusual item of M.G.C ephemera,FAIR /GOOD condition

Might be of interest to the MGC Buffs out there?

Of interest, yes - but likely to spark a bidding war from the indications which will make it too rich for me/us!

By the way - the only '2nd Batt' it could be at this time would be the Training Battalion - consistent with Clipstone.

As the vendor indicates, I bet I can imagine the response...

Guest Ian Bowbrick

You can sell any old crap on eBay with MGC stamped on it - There is such a big demand. I sold two ordinary anonymous studio shots of single MGC soldiers as one item last year for £42 - a great deal for me but seriously that is bordering on the insane :unsure:

Ian