Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

330 brigade,rfa

Guest edwinwrg4751

Guest edwinwrg4751

i am still finding this site difficult but very friendly.

my quetion is where do i read about he 330 brigade rfa movements in late 1917,i would like to track their exact movements.

many thanks to all aiding me.

Hello,

330 Bde RFA were one of the two RFA brigaes in the 66th Division. I guess the exploits of that division is what you are looking for.

Old Tom

I can contribute some information for one point in time. On October 27, 1917 the 330th Bde was relieved by the 5th Canadian Field Artillery Bde on the right divisional front supporting the Canadian Corps before Passchendaele. You can see part of the Order (giving map references) here .

Hi there,

My Great Grandfather was in the 330th Brigade RFA, I have researched that unit extensively, I have the complete diary...what do you want to know. Happy to forward any info you may require, please be specific with dates. The diary I have covers from April 1917 to May 1919. Who are you researching this for? A family relative?, you never know they may have known Grandpop......

Happy to help best regards Aaron Nelson.

Hi again,

Please be advised I live in New Zealand, so please allow for time difference for any replies or info you are after.

Cheers Aaron.

Guest edwinwrg4751
Hi there,

My Great Grandfather was in the 330th Brigade RFA, I have researched that unit extensively, I have the complete diary...what do you want to know. Happy to forward any info you may require, please be specific with dates. The diary I have covers from April 1917 to May 1919.  Who are you researching this for?  A family relative?, you never know they may have known Grandpop......

Happy to help  best regards Aaron Nelson.

many thanks for the few details as i thought my grandad -gnr edwin wright 173868 who was in b battery was actually at paschendaelle. i am trying to find out what his battery did from landing in france till when there was details in the gazette 19/3/1918 of him having the mm.

i would like to know any details so i can find any details of where his battery was.

how many were the gun with him what was it etc

many thanks if you can help me

Hi

I have a typed copy of the war diary for the 330th Brigade RFA, this diary was written by HQ staff of the Brigade. I can email you the segments of the diary you have asked for. The Diary gives descriptions of actions and location, detailing map references etc. My email address is a.mnelson@xtra.co.nz. Feel free to email me and I will respond with info you require. I cannot post it here in this forum as it is too big a document. I have quickly checked the contents and did not see a mention of a Gunner Wright receiving the MM. If you knew the date he recieved it on, then you would be able to check this in the diary and see what B Battery was up to. Please email me at the above address and I will respond.

Best regards Aaron Nelson.