Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Sgt. George Caunce

Guest lizcake

Firstly let me say that I'm new to this site, and therefore do not yet know my way around the etiquette, so I apogise in advance for any gaffs I may make. I'm looking for help in finding anything about where my Grandfather, Sgt. George Caunce

S4/159442 who served in the ASC "somewhere" in Belgium may actually have been. He survived the conflict, but died in 1931 when my mother was only 8 years old, and so she had little time to absorb and understand where he had served or been billited. I know that he was barracked at Blackpool on signing -up, and still have his spurs, but little else, hopefully someone may be able to tell me in which direction to search, or offer up a crumb of info. that may stir a latent memory with Mum. Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks for that, Chris, this is one of the few things that I've already done, not any new info. on it unfortunately, but does at least confirm that the medals he was awarded are all still in the family, will keep dredging, thanks again for the tip though - Liz

Hello, Liz. Here`s your chance to post some information! What exactly is marked on your grandad`s spurs and do they have a broad arrow ordnance mark? Phil B

Hi Liz.

Everybody has to start somewhere :D

If you post the MIC on the relevant section of the forum, one of the Pals could possibly help you more than i can. And, as Phil says, there is a wealth of knowledge here, ask, and you could find the information you are looking for.

Bon chance.

Chris.