Great War Forum

Remembered Today:

Sign in to follow this  
John Milner

99th Field Ambulance

John Milner

I have a copy of the 99th FA Roll dated 12/11/15, it also includes KIA, DoW and evacuated sick, etc with dates and locations.

Look ups welcome.

John Milner

Dave Phillips

John

Any information on Pte. 66271 Dennis Victor Perrett Died 1.4.16. He was 16 when he became ill and died. I was wondering if he he was with the 99th Field Ambulance as early as Nov. 1915.

Thanks

Dave

John Milner

Dave

He isn't on the 1915 Roll, but he is on the casualty list I have as Died from Sickness.

His initials are DW on the list.

John

Dave Phillips

John

Thanks for he information.

Dave

Bramble

Any reference to William Edward Thornhill 66563 will be welcome. I have him enlisted September 1915, disembarking Le Havre 3 December, Corporal 4 August 1916, Sergeant 24 January 1918. He died on leave at home in Dawlish 21 January 1919.  Robert Vickery

John Milner

He is mentioned on A Section's Roll dated 12 Nov 1915 and that he died of sickness, he is not on the casualty lists.

John

John Discombe

My Grandfather Samuel Discombe (66517) served with 99th Field ambulance of 33 Division and was commended at the Hindenburg line. (I have the document from his CO.)  He was a conscientious objector but served throughout the war.  I have his binoculars with his name and number and MM written inside.  How can I check his records and award.  I