Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

William Albert John Nutt - Gloucester Regiment & RDC - Died 22/04/1917

RussT

• Admin

I would welcome views on this man with respect to him being a possible non-commemoration.

William Albert John Nutt - from Bristol - aged 46, married with children.

22/03/1915: Attested 4th Battalion Gloucester Regiment TF - service number 4200.

29/04/1916: Transferred Royal Defence Corps (252 Protection Company) - service number 19616.

09/01/1917: Discharged no longer physically for war service KR Para 392 xvi - Silver War Badge, no overseas service.

22/04/1917: Died from TB.

Medical Report (from Service Record) indicates that TB was "the result of ordinary military service, exposure whilst on night guard during winter months"

Pension Index Card states died TB: "Com on AS" which I believe stands for "commenced on active service".

I accept that an illness that commenced on active service does not necessarily mean that is was caused by, attributable to or aggravated by active service - so I'm not sure how strong a case he is despite the Medical Report stating that his illness was a "result of" active service.

As an aside, is there a list anywhere where one can check whether a possible non-commemoration case has already been considered and is either pending a decision or has been previously rejected?

Regards

Russ

(Images courtesy of FMP & Fold/3)

SR 1.jpg

PIC 1.jpg

From what you've posted this looks like a pretty clear cut case, assuming of course that the death certificate confirms tb as the cause of death. He hasn't been put forward by IFCP.

• Admin

Thanks Paul.

Would it be appropriate for me to contact IFCP via their website in order for them to consider further/take forward as they would be far more efficient at submitting such a case than I would.

Regards

Russ

Sure, just send them a message.