Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Imperial German Wartime bayonet Trodell ID ? ? ?

ersatz

I'm hoping to learn if the color combinations of this late war bayonet troddel indicate it as belonging to a Machine Gun Company.  From looking at the reference charts offered on the internet and seeing an exact color combination leads me to believe the troddel belongs to a MGK.  The following notation ( Kp. Festungs MG Abtig.) was beneath the given example.   

Your input would be greatly appreciated!  

RBRtroddel1.jpg

The strap looks like short, maybe there should be something for comparation, i assume the color combination is for 16.company which should be MG probably.

The loose tassels were only to 1928 so no real using by Wehrmacht, the piece looks like WW1 but could be a miniature piece to sample??

Thank you Andy and Charlie for your input.  Andy . . . . .  The troddel is very similar in size to other standard Imperial bayonet troddels.  I have had similar troddels in the past and remember being told that they, and this one would be considered late war as it was made of wool.  I've also included the chart which indentified the troddel in question a being associated with a MG attachment.  

WW2 German, Soviet, Allied militaria, uniforms, awards, weapons history.  War relics forum

As You could see the strap and tassels are darker as on picture, it could be the Trodell is service one, not extra piece or it was discolored? The comparation in size, You should see the differences side by side with other one, yes the 14kp is in that case correct (3Btl) as You mentioned and a 14.Fst.MG Kp too.