Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

not a war diary but a weekly casualty list request

chaz

researching a latest collection, I see the soldier  was wounded and apparently in the weekly list no 63.

specifically looking to download 

Incident Details War Office Daily List No.5693
Incident Date 11 Oct 1918
Archive Reference NLS 1918_WList63

as far as I can see list no 63 is missing, any other place to look other than NLS?

Weekly List 62 was issued on the 8th October 1918, making Weekly List 63 issued on the 15th October 1918.

I know that seems self evident, but the copies on the British Newspaper Archive are by date order - you don't get to see the issue number until you try to look at the images. That would require joining, (possibly using one of your three free images if you've not joined before) or paid subscription to the British Newspaper Archive.

Alternatively if you are a subscription member of FindMyPast then the appropriate level of subscription gives you backdoor access to the British Newspaper Archive.

Or a trip to your local Public Library  - my understanding is that most subscribe to the British Newspaper Archive, although to use it you usually have to be onsite and use your library card to get access. Wiltshire certainly subscribes. https://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/libraries-online-resources

Cheers,
Peter

thanks Peter.

I dont get time to visit libraries or the local history centre, maybe in 10 months time, I will have more time..