Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Varlet Farm Poelkapelle

Karsten Lund

Hi everybody

I am looking for information about the battle around Varlet Farm in October 1917, especially the Germans as there were Danes from North Schleswig in especially 84, 85 and 86 Regiments.

It will be greatly appreciated if any of you have any informations, trench maps and such

Thank you

BR

Karsten, Denmark

If you put just Varlet into TrenchMapper it will take you straight there. You will get nearly 400 maps and some interesting aerial photos. Change map in the left panel.

Howard

varlet1.jpg

varlet2.jpg

Hi Howard

You're a star. I did not know about Trenchmapper so that will come into good use in researching in the future. 
Thanks a bunch mate

“The German Army at Passchendaele by Jack Sheldon” may have what you’re looking for? 

14 minutes ago, Karsten Lund said:

Hi Howard

You're a star. I did not know about Trenchmapper so that will come into good use in researching in the future. 
Thanks a bunch mate

TrenchMapper has been built exclusively by volunteers over quite a long time. We have over 7,000 maps, 50,000 points of interest like Varlet Farm and a range of features unmatched anywhere on the net when it comes to Great War mapping.  As good as it is, it is still growing, soon there will be 9,000 maps and even more features.

Howard

6 hours ago, Karsten Lund said:

Hi everybody

I am looking for information about the battle around Varlet Farm in October 1917, especially the Germans as there were Danes from North Schleswig in especially 84, 85 and 86 Regiments.

It will be greatly appreciated if any of you have any informations, trench maps and such

Thank you

BR

Karsten, Denmark

Hello,

IR 84 wasn't in the area in October 1917, IR 85 and 86 were further north (Houthulst Forest).

RIR 84 and 86 were further south (near Geluveld).

Jan

23 minutes ago, AOK4 said:

Hello,

IR 84 wasn't in the area in October 1917, IR 85 and 86 were further north (Houthulst Forest).

RIR 84 and 86 were further south (near Geluveld).

Jan

Hi Jan

Yes I know but I know IR 464 was around that area and there was a few Danes there as well. Some of them are burried in Menen and one is in Hooglede

2 hours ago, Jrmh said:

“The German Army at Passchendaele by Jack Sheldon” may have what you’re looking for? 

No that one I dont have but I will be looking for it. Thanks

IR 464 was south and southeast of Varlet Farm, in the sector just west of Passendale.

I recommend you to check out the regimental history.

3 hours ago, AOK4 said:

IR 464 was south and southeast of Varlet Farm, in the sector just west of Passendale.

I recommend you to check out the regimental history.

Thank you. I have looked for the regiments history but cannot find anything