Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help with photos required

carl520

I was wondering if anybody could help with two photos I have. They are two photos that have come from my great grandmother and I am not sure who the pictures are of. I am not even sure if the photos are of the same couple. I am researching my family history and there are a couple of possibilities as to who they could be.

I was wondering if it is possible to identify the uniform of the man in the first photo as if I knew what regiment he was in, it would help me identify who it is.

I am also keen to find out about the second photo and what could be a medal he is wearing.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

photo100.jpg

photo101.jpg

Carl, the images are of exceptional low quality,  if you can capture better images it would be appreciated. The cap badge does appear to be a bugle horn it may be that the Durham Light Infantry or King's Shropshire Light Infantry - some geographical location of the family may help there. He's also sporting two good conduct chevrons above his left cuff denoting 6 years unblemished service of a regular soldier. A bandolier and what looks like riding breeches may suggest a role in the transport section of a battalion.

Carl,

does it help with your identification if I suggest in the first photo the soldier is wearing a ring on his wedding ring finger? This of course does not mean the lady in the photo is his wife, it could be his sister.

Simon

I concur with Jay that KSLI or DLI Transport seem the most likely in this case.

IMG_3944.jpeg

IMG_3945.jpeg

Many thanks for your replys. Sorry the picture quality is poor, my scanner is not the best.

The person I thought it was most likely be was in the Shropshire Light Infantry, so this has been a massive help. Thanks.