Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

My Heritage new database : Former Russian Empire, World War I Casualties

MaureenE

I saw this mentioned on another website as a new database.

"Former Russian Empire, World War I Casualties

This collection contains military records of soldiers of the former Russian Empire, which formerly extended over modern Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Belarus, Georgia, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan and Tajikistan, between the years 1913 and 1921. The events documented in the collection include a variety of military occurrences, including instances of death, injuries, soldiers missing in action, receipt of awards and more. Records typically include the name of the soldier, residence, and the date and place of the event that took place. Some also include date of death.

MyHeritage provides the ability to search this collection in one language and receive results in another using its unique Global Name Translation™ technology. The technology automatically translates given names and surnames into the language of the query. For example, a search for Alessandro (Alexander in Italian) will also find “Саша“, Russian form of Sasha, a popular nickname for Alexander, with its corresponding translation into the language of your search."

https://www.myheritage.com/research/collection-20771/former-russian-empire-world-war-i-casualties

Maureen