Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

RFA L/2070 Driver A Scott

Wendy2299

Is anyone able to help. Im trying to establish movement in France for RFA L2070 Driver A Scott from Liverpool (great-grandfather) during WW1. He received a medal for bravery for which I have the Gazette entry (2018) but of course citation records were lost in WW2. Id love to find out more if possible, or even the movements in France of his unit. His qualifying date in that theatre (France)was May 1915. Thankyou 👍🏼

Wendy

Welcome. 

It looks like a County Palatine RFA number to me. They were recruited in the North West of England in 1915 and became the Artillery of 30 Division for the most part. I will have a look later. Some of the CPRA War Diaries name names.

Brian

EDIT: His MM Card shows 148 Brigade RFA which was CPRA.

FMP

s2_gbm_wo372_23_27464.jpg

Edited by brianmorris547

Hi Brian, thanks so much! I’d be very grateful for any info (and apologies for earlier typo, I meant 1918 for the London Gazette entry of course)! What you've said is already a great help to me and my family! -Wendy

Wendy

The CPRA did their basic training in St Annes on Sea. This site has some pics of 148 Brigade but there was a lot of movement of men between the Units of the CPRA. Your man may not have started with 148. There are some other links on the site which show later Units of the CPRA.

The War Diaries of 148 Brigade do not name names, nor could I find any mention of Honours in the 1918 WD of 30 Div Adjutant.

Brian

https://amounderness.co.uk/1915_-_news.html

Thankyou for your time and help Brian- its really appreciated and I’ll have a look through the info and links. Regards- Wendy