Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Marjorie Edsall Davis. Member 15275. Women's Royal Air Force

Phill BW

Researching the CWGC graves in Brockley and Ladywell Cemetery.  ref the Grave of Marjorie Edsall Davis. finding very little on her.

Marjorie Edsall Davis. Member 15275. Women's Royal Air Force 

Born 1899 Greenwich London. Died 21 Nov 1918. aged 19.

Possibly a Nurse with the RAF. But could find no more on herIMG_0500-DAVIS-MarjorieEdsallDavis.JPG.8fa750fc2383d489a575826e7feb0021.JPG

@Jim Strawbridge is the man who would know, if anyone does. I hope this tag alerts him to your post.

She died at the  Bevan Military Hospital. Sandgate. Kent. possibly where she serves as a VAD nurse.

Not a VAD but a serving WRAF member. Daughter of John Edsall Davis and Katie Amelia Davis of 52,

Thurleigh Rd.
, Wandsworth Common, London. Her birth was registered in the third quarter 1899 in the Greenwich registration district. The 1901 census shows the family living at 63 Drakefell Road, Deptford. John Edsall Davis (b. 1870 in Marylebone, London) was an accountant’s clerk and married to Katie Amelia Davis (b. 1873 in Deptford). At this time they had just the one child – Marjorie E. Davis (b. 1899 in Deptford). They also had a boarder. The 1911 census finds the family living at 63 Drakefell Road, New Cross, London. John Davis is still an account's clerk and had been married to Katie for 15 years and had three children of which two had survived. These were both at home being Marjorie Edsall Davis and Gladys Muriel Davis (b. 1902 in New Cross). They had one servant. Marjorie died of pneumonia.

5 minutes ago, Phill BW said:

Service Women 's Royal Air Force

though - I confess I don't know about a RAF nursing service, despite all the research I've seen on QAIMNS and QARNNS.

sJ

The W.R.A.F. did not have any nurses. Air Force nurses belonged to the Royal Air Force Nursing Service [R.A.F.N.S.} from 1918 until 1923, when they were re-named as Princess Mary's Royal Air Force Nursing Service [P.M.R.A.F.N.S.}.

Regards,

Alf McM

Thank you Alf - glad to have that piece of information.