Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Could I use 1950s/1960s No.2 SD as 1902 SD for reenactment?

10thlad

Hi all, 

I recently have needed to buy some new reenactment trousers and wondered, could i use 1950s/1960s No.2 Dress trousers in place of 1902 SD trousers. I had thought of this as they closely resemble, and sometimes may be, 1922 Pattern or the altered 30s ones. They have the buttoned belt loops and inside buttons for trouser braces. Has anyone used this or have any advice, and also how closely resembled is the colour compared to 1902 trousers. 

Thanks, 

10th Lad

10 hours ago, 10thlad said:

Hi all, 

I recently have needed to buy some new reenactment trousers and wondered, could i use 1950s/1960s No.2 Dress trousers in place of 1902 SD trousers. I had thought of this as they closely resemble, and sometimes may be, 1922 Pattern or the altered 30s ones. They have the buttoned belt loops and inside buttons for trouser braces. Has anyone used this or have any advice, and also how closely resembled is the colour compared to 1902 trousers. 

Thanks, 

10th Lad

They are a both, a different shade of khaki, and a different texture of cloth I’m afraid, so I wouldn’t recommend it.  The variation would be immediately apparent.

Edited by FROGSMILE