Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help needed with The Scottish Rifles badge, please

commandobairn

I was hoping that someone could tell me about this badge - can't find anything anywhere (at the moment).  It has battle honours inscribed - looks very impressive. Blenheim, Egypt etc. It's approx. 4"x4" Weighs 69g

DSCN3749.JPG

DSCN3791.JPG

Edited by commandobairn

A quick Google lens search shows it to be a Victorian Scottish Rifles badge

Posted (edited)

Thank you. I saw one of those and it looked similar ... but without the inscribed battle honours ... I'll take another look.

Crikey .. thanks again, I've just found one.

Edited by commandobairn

There were a few, some officer ones but most had the honours as above. Nice badge though!

Posted (edited)

It's a lovely badge - white metal - but I had no idea it was Victorian as I hadn't taken much notice of it until now. :) 

I'm about to put it on eBay for someone whose dad was a despatch rider with the Cameronians, WW2 - hence his interest.

Thank you. Makes a change from me buying/selling Commando items - thoroughly enjoyed finding out about this and other pieces.

Edited by commandobairn

35 minutes ago, commandobairn said:

It's a lovely badge - white metal - but I had no idea it was Victorian as I hadn't taken much notice of it until now. :) 

I'm about to put it on eBay for someone whose dad was a despatch rider with the Cameronians, WW2 - hence his interest.

Thank you. Makes a change from me buying/selling Commando items - thoroughly enjoyed finding out about this and other pieces.

It’s the full dress helmet badge from the Victorian era, a headdress subsequently replaced by a plumed fur cap. 

IMG_3688.jpeg

IMG_3689.jpeg

IMG_3691.jpeg

Edited by FROGSMILE

• Admin

Locked as not Great War related, you may conduct correspondence using the forum's PM system if you wish.

• GWF TEAM locked this topic