Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Military Police Military Mounted Police

grenadierguardsman

Chaps i hope this is ok. I'm trying to chase down some medals belonging to a relative. They were sold at auction by Noonans 2021. The medals are 1914-15 star and British War Medal to R Hall Lcpl P.1047 Military Mounted Police. Many thanks.

Andy

Although I haven’t tried either I understand posting on the British Medal Forum and setting up an alert on eBay (in case they are re-sold in the future) are good ideas. 
Simon

Andy, if I'm reading the lot description correctly, I think it includes just the Star to Cpl Hall. Being a member of The BMF yes give it a go as the lot could have been bought by a BMF member. However you need to be prepared that a lot of broken groups such as lot 252 could have been sold on during the last three years.

However Noonan are prepared to forward on emails to the buyer of a lot from an interested party. I have bought items this way. I think three years might still be acceptable.  Good luck, John

also a saved search on thesaleroom auction site, even Noonans lots are on there.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb

Edit:

Ive just been browsing my daily alerts from thesaleroom, and remembered , recently there have been a few listings from , presumably retiring dealers,  collections of BWM 's and Victory 's . In some cases nearly 20 of each, the trouble being they have not been identified. Time consuming but may be worth an email via the saleroom messaging system for names.

Also I remembered what Mark Carter says at his militaria fairs announcements on the BMF, "some dealers do not have web sites". 

then there is also the growing facebook medal collectors groups, this is getting a nightmare to keep tabs on, the reason for FB sellers is the no commission sales unlike ebay and other online auction sites.

Edited by chaz

1 hour ago, Ilbury Welsh said:

Andy, if I'm reading the lot description correctly, I think it includes just the Star to Cpl Hall. Being a member of The BMF yes give it a go as the lot could have been bought by a BMF member. However you need to be prepared that a lot of broken groups such as lot 252 could have been sold on during the last three years.

However Noonan are prepared to forward on emails to the buyer of a lot from an interested party. I have bought items this way. I think three years might still be acceptable.  Good luck, John

Thanks John.

Andy

29 minutes ago, chaz said:

also a saved search on thesaleroom auction site, even Noonans lots are on there.

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb

Edit:

Ive just been browsing my daily alerts from thesaleroom, and remembered , recently there have been a few listings from , presumably retiring dealers,  collections of BWM 's and Victory 's . In some cases nearly 20 of each, the trouble being they have not been identified. Time consuming but may be worth an email via the saleroom messaging system for names.

Also I remembered what Mark Carter says at his militaria fairs announcements on the BMF, "some dealers do not have web sites". 

then there is also the growing facebook medal collectors groups, this is getting a nightmare to keep tabs on, the reason for FB sellers is the no commission sales unlike ebay and other online auction sites.

Thanks Chaz.

Andy

On 29/03/2024 at 19:21, Ilbury Welsh said:

You were right John, just the 1915 Star. Noonans emailed the buyer KitKat Curios, and I've received the medal today in the post ! Unbelievable, can't believe it.

Andy

• Admin

Good news that you have received the medal.