Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

UB-109 German submarine sunk on 29th August 1918

dabtoe

Clearly there were a lot of ships sunk during the Great War - can we anticipate you creating a post for each and every one of them?
If so, then perhaps including an occasional comment or remark might relieve our tedium somewhat.

MB

Another option - compile a single list of links - or a list for each relevant nation - and upload as posts to a single thread, updating as necessary. 

We had an inundation of these posts yesterday, all the same format, and completely unengaging. Are these being generated by AI?
MB

It’s highly concerning that @dabtoe is not responding to any of the issues being raised.
You have to be very suspicious about clicking on links where there are multiple posts that appears to have no appreciable connection to the content, where no questions are being asked, and/or no requests for assistance are being made.
What is the purpose therefore? - seemingly only to get you to click on the link.

MB

Edited by KizmeRD

2 hours ago, KizmeRD said:

What is the purpose therefore?

"...But answer came there none and this was scarcely odd because ..."???

I have records on my database for Submarines of some 529 sinking which includes different locations for some submarine wrecks so 'KizmeRD' too many to mention here. Other shipwrecks around 4,693 database records

Regards

dabtoe

28 March 2024 

30 minutes ago, dabtoe said:

I have records on my database for Submarines of some 529 sinking which includes different locations for some submarine wrecks so 'KizmeRD' too many to mention here. Other shipwrecks around 4,693 database records

Regards

dabtoe

28 March 2024 

I have nothing against you posting anything you like to the Forum and it’s not up to me to police it. However in this day and age when you see highly unusual online activity, with no explanation as to what purpose it’s serving, then it is only natural to be suspicious - especially so when someone is urging people to click on a link. (Eight or so posts on this particular sub-forum all in one day, all almost identical looking, and all without any accompanying text is certainly sufficient enough to raise an eyebrow).

I don’t however think it a particularly good idea to open separate threads on all 4,693 shipwreck entries (& 529 submarines) that are included on your database, as that would be an extremely dull and long-winded approach. Why not simply make a general announcement telling people about what you have done, and invite them to visit your website in order to see for themselves? - Or at least add some narrative to your posts, so as to allow people to engage with them.

MB

Links to www.coastalheritage.org.uk some interesting WW1 articles.

Adrian