Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Disk

Dallou

Hey hope you are all well, hoping I could get some information on this disk.

Thank you

Darrell20240323_160330.jpg.583ae7e9e88c9a59ce982e8a25118cf8.jpg

The Saskatoon Light Infantry (Machine Gun) - 2nd Battalion (Reserve).

This stamping on this butt disc is likely from November 1940 as that's when it was named as such after quite a few occasions of reorganisation. 

The 3 will be the 3rd Company (Charlie Company) which was based in Melfort, Saskatchewan (1936 onwards when an organisation of the Saskatoon Light Infantry occurred after the 1936 Canadian Militia reorganisation).

Edited by Mattr82

19 minutes ago, Mattr82 said:

The Saskatoon Light Infantry (Machine Gun) - 2nd Battalion (Reserve).

This stamping on this butt disc is likely from November 1940 as that's when it was named as such after quite a few occasions of reorganisation. 

The 3 will be the 3rd Company (Charlie Company) which was based in Melfort, Saskatchewan (1936 onwards when an organisation of the Saskatoon Light Infantry occurred after the 1936 Canadian Militia reorganisation).

Thank you, I found it on a 1918 no1 mk3 so.i am guessing it's on the wrong rifle.

Thank you 

Darrell 

So you took the disc off another rifle or is the disc on a 1918 No.1 Mk.III? The disc would be right for a SMLE in service with the S.L.I.

39 minutes ago, Mattr82 said:

So you took the disc off another rifle or is the disc on a 1918 No.1 Mk.III? The disc would be right for a SMLE in service with the S.L.I.

I found it in a 1918 SMLE