Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Volunteers from Latin America

Mr Peter Marriner

Does anyone have a photo of the solid silver badge that was awarded to the British Volunteers from Latin America ? The badge was round and contained the letters BVLA.

Thanks for the information. I got it wrong. The badge is diamond shaped and not round. If anyone knows of one for sale, could they please let me know?

13 hours ago, Mr Peter Marriner said:

Thanks for the information. I got it wrong. The badge is diamond shaped and not round. If anyone knows of one for sale, could they please let me know?

Peter

I have a photograph of one of the men in the roll, Lt Col William Lowe Brown, taken in 1917 or 1918 but he is not wearing one.  I do wonder how many men actually received them. 

TR

Edited by Terry_Reeves

Terry,

My grandfather had his cloth patch, but not the silver badge.

He worked for the Great Western Railway, who owned the Central Railway of Argentina.

After the war, he decided to stay in England. I think this might be why he didn't get the silver badge.

He is mentioned in the book 'The Activities of the British Community in Argentina During the Great War'.

24 minutes ago, Mr Peter Marriner said:

He is mentioned in the book 'The Activities of the British Community in Argentina During the Great War'.

A very fine book!