Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Does anyone have advice or guidance on Hellenic uniforms of the Great War?

10thlad

Hi all, 

Ive been getting into the Hellenic (Greek) battles of the First World War but one thing I can’t seem to find much on is the uniforms. I haven’t seen any uniforms in museums as from what I’ve seen, rarely was Greek Militaria sold off. What I could find was that they changed the uniform in 1915, adopted an Adrian helmet with the crest, used puttees, kept the same uniform until 1941. It also seems that the webbing is similar to the Japanese arisaka webbing.  had a look on Khaki Depot but the website wouldn’t work. Also does anyone know about where repros can be bought? 
Thank you, 

10th Lad 

P.S I have added an image of a Hellenic soldier which I have gone off. If any of the information I have said is wrong, please do say.

IMG_3027.jpeg

I think there is a bit in an Osprey Men at Arms book possibly the one about armies in the Balkans. I think there is also one about soldiers of the Greek Turkish War 1919 to 1922(?).

I don't know anything about the level of detail of the contents.

RM

Edited by rolt968

12 minutes ago, rolt968 said:

I think there is a bit in an Osprey Men at Arms book possibly the one about armies in the Balkans

That´s correct. Pages 23-33 Armies in the Balkans 1914-1918.

GreyC

Thank you to the both of you, I’ll check out the book. 

Thank you cmf, thankfully KhakiDepot has recently been working much better. Cheers, 

10thLad.

KhakiDepot is a good reference and they sell the replica uniforms but the web site appears to be down all the time.

Hi,

This book covers Greek forces.

Ken

Screenshot_20240401-130051_Google.jpg