Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Does anyone have a blank 1914 British signing up paper?

10thlad

Hello, All, 

Ive been looking for a signing up paper for ,mine and a few friends, living history. 
After extensive search, it only yielded 1917 and 1918 blank US signing up documents. 
Was wondering if anyone had one that could be sent over, or any places that make reproductions of these. 
Thanks, 

10thLad

3 hours ago, 10thlad said:

Hello, All, 

Ive been looking for a signing up paper for ,mine and a few friends, living history. 
After extensive search, it only yielded 1917 and 1918 blank US signing up documents. 
Was wondering if anyone had one that could be sent over, or any places that make reproductions of these. 
Thanks, 

10thLad

It's not that simple:

1. Did the soldier concerned sign up under standard Regular terms of service prior to 6 August 1914?
  2. Did the soldier concerned sign up under standard Special Reserve terms of service prior to 6 August 1914?
  3. Did the soldier concerned sign up under supplemental Special Reserve terms of service from 6 August 1914 to 7 November 1914?
  4. Did the soldier concerned sign up under supplemental Regular terms of service from 6 August 1914 to 7 November 1914?
  5. Did the soldier concerned sign up under standard Special Reserve terms of service after 8 November 1914?
  6. Did the soldier concerned sign up under standard Regular terms of service prior to 8 November 1914?
  7. Did the soldier concerned sign up under supplemental General Service Regular terms of service from 8 November 1914 onwards?
  8. Did the soldier concerned sign up under standard Territorial Force terms of service?

If your area of interest is 10th (Service) Battalion, Notts & Derby, then I suspect either category 4 or 7 will apply, and that Army Form B 2065 or B 2505 will have been completed

I would have thought that you would be able to find a surviving service record of someone who enlisted with a similar service number to that of your person of interest.

Once you have that, you could look to make a copy of it using Word.

Here's an example of the B2065

AF B.2065 Short Service 3 Years 1914.jpg