Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

soldier in uniform WW1 or WW2?

tamiwell

UPDATE:  I have found some information on the Jerome photography studio, and it does appear to have been a WW2 era photograph taken circa 1940, due to the way Jerome was printed on the reverse.  Such a shame as I was hoping it was WW1 related (my area of interest/research).  I would delete this post if I could to save everyone's time but I don't think I'm able to unfortunately.  Thanks anyway!

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me whether this photo can be confirmed as being taken during WW1 or WW2?  I'm hoping it's WW1.  I've attached the photograph and also what the back of the postcard looked like.  

Thank you,

img20240228_16091897.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-28 161529.png

Edited by tamiwell

• tamiwell changed the title to soldier in uniform WW1 or WW2?
2 hours ago, tamiwell said:

UPDATE:  I have found some information on the Jerome photography studio, and it does appear to have been a WW2 era photograph taken circa 1940, due to the way Jerome was printed on the reverse.  Such a shame as I was hoping it was WW1 related (my area of interest/research).  I would delete this post if I could to save everyone's time but I don't think I'm able to unfortunately.  Thanks anyway!

Hi everyone,

Can anyone tell me whether this photo can be confirmed as being taken during WW1 or WW2?  I'm hoping it's WW1.  I've attached the photograph and also what the back of the postcard looked like.  

Thank you,

img20240228_16091897.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-28 161529.png

World War 2 

• Michelle Young locked this topic