Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Need Help Identifying US Brodie Helmet

brodiehelmetowner

Hi All. New to the forum, need some help with a helmet I have. Is this a repro or an original in great condition? Does anyone have any idea where this camo pattern came from? I've never seen anything like this. Is the insignia US 3rd Army? During WWI with the AEF, or post WWI/right before WWII? 

So far my best guess is end of WWI/post war, US 3rd Army painted helmet with unique camo done by owner. Only worry is that it looks too clean and good to be done without tape/spray paint and might not be original. Anyone know what this might go for on Ebay? Thanks!

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

It is as you already appear to have been told on Reddit - a post-WW2 Dutch helmet with a relatively modern repaint to try and make it look a lot earlier than it actually is:

@Andrew UptonTo be truthful I found this helmet in a Facebook marketplace listing and was looking at purchasing it. I found that Reddit post a couple hours ago, Interesting scenario. Glad I didn't buy it. Paint job seemed odd and inaccurate to some camos. Thanks for the response!