Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Nottinghamshire Yeomanry Sherwood Rangers.

roselyn2

Looking at ancestry 3983 B. L Davies Welsh R. From Rhigos Aberdare.   There is a Benjamin Llewellyn Davies from the same area. Died of Wounds.  With the Shropshire Light Infantry. I think that they are two different soldiers.   Just making sure. Asking the forum for help.   Thank you.    Lyn.

1962 Pte. R. Davies. Montgom Yeo.  On his M.l.Card  N. S. R. Y.  No. 276982.  Can any member give me some information on . Nottingham Yeomanry Sherwood Rangers. I’ve not come across this regiment before.    Lyn.

8 minutes ago, roselyn2 said:

1962 Pte. R. Davies. Montgom Yeo.  On his M.l.Card  N. S. R. Y.  No. 276982.  Can any member give me some information on . Nottingham Yeomanry Sherwood Rangers. I’ve not come across this regiment before.    Lyn.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrkOP74kdxlBRc8u7AU8yA5;_ylu=Y29sbwMEcG9zAzEEdnRpZAMEc2VjA3Ny/RV=2/RE=1708982904/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fwww.longlongtrail.co.uk%2farmy%2fregiments-and-corps%2fthe-british-yeomanry-regiments-of-1914-1918%2fnottinghamshire-yeomanry-sherwood-rangers%2f/RK=2/RS=pkAc17v2wMPxOMQbmtWQ03tErpA-

Crossed posts with Chris- the information comes from his website!  

Edited by GWF1967

The Sherwood Rangers were a senior yeomanry regiment (high enough in yeomanry seniority to remain a mounted regiment after World War One). The recruiting area was north Nottinghamshire. (The yeomanry regiment which recruited in south Nottinghamshire was the South Notts Hussars.)

RM

Thank you all for your help.  Usually most of the Welsh Yeomanry got transferred  to the Labour or the Welsh Regiments.   Lyn.